Joining me today is serial entrepreneur Aaron Walker, businessman and life coach that has inspired many through his leadership, mentorship, and consistent pursuit of excellence. He enjoys helping others and believes experience is a great teacher. 36 years of entrepreneurship and marriage have given Aaron a wealth of experience. Aaron continues to reach new heights and broaden his perspective of the terrain by examining his experiences and growing from them. For 21 years and counting, Aaron has taken classes from and has been coached personally by his friend, financial guru, Dave Ramsey. Spiritual mentors David Landrith and Bob Warren have impacted his spiritual life beyond measure. Two other disciplined mastermind groups, 48 Days led by friend Dan Miller and TheTorch have played a role in his understanding of how to live a significant and successful life. Aaron incorporates education and learning opportunities into his daily routine, remaining informed of the latest tools and trends available. Aaron values his time spent with family and friends. Sharing the past 36 years with his lovely wife Robin has been nothing short of spectacular. His two fantastic daughters and champion son-in-law have given Aaron & Robin five beautiful grandchildren. When time allows, Aaron enjoys hunting, fishing, golf, and is an avid reader.
Key Points From this Episode:
- Aaron shares his entrepreneurial journey.
- Find out how Aaron started his first business at 18 and sold it to a Fortune 500 company 9 years later.
- Aaron shares lessons received from his mother. His mother never allowed him to say the word “can’t”.
- Find out how faith helped Aaron recover from one his life’s bleakest moments.
- Discover the impact of being a part of a Mastermind Group.
- Discover the difference between a “fixed” and a “growth” mindset.
- Aaron’s favorite books and the advice he would give his 20-year-old self.
- Hear what piece of advice Aaron’s father never got to tell him.
- Find out what projects excite Aaron.
- And so much more!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Aaron’s Website http://www.viewfromthetop.com
Aaron’s Gift for YOU, the listener http://www.viewfromthetop.com/mensjourney
Aaron’s Book, View from the top https://www.amazon.com/View-Top-Living-Life-Significance/dp/1683502604
Dale Carnegie, How to win friends and influence people, https://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671027034
Brian Moran, The 12 week year, https://www.amazon.com/12-Week-Year-Others-Months/dp/1118509234
Greg McKeown, Essentialism, https://www.amazon.com/Essentialism-Disciplined-Pursuit-Greg-McKeown/dp/0804137382